Exploring National Harbor with @maine784 (at Redstone American Grill)
- Our apartment building has arranged for a burrito food truck to come tonight. I am beyond excited! I’ve already looked at their website and chosen what I am going to order.
- Tomorrow I get to spend the day with the lovely Meghan in Springfield lounging by the pool.
- As I was leaving the house this morning I realized my purse was wet. Cat pissed in my purse. ugh! So now I’m on the hunt for a new one but sadly I’m poor so I need to start looking around for who has cute, large purses on sale.
- I am super tired today thanks to several glasses of wine poured by the BF. I can’t wait to go home and chill with Netflix.
- We got so incredibly lucky…my boss gifted us a new sectional. Trading up from an Ikea sofa is amazing! It feels like we are sitting on pillows of clouds. It is heavenly!
The corner crowd-pleaser has become a go-to destination for foodies, Francophiles, and DC heavy hitters, such as First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice President and Dr. Biden, and Secretary Kerry, making it one of the most desirable reservations in town. “We thought business would taper off six to eight weeks after we opened,” admits Washington (GM), “but that hasn’t happened.”
When the BF got the job offer to move to DC and be a part of opening a new restaurant, we jumped at the opportunity. There was something in my heart that knew this would be the right move for us. Almost everyone I knew questioned the risk we were taking.
"You’re going to quit your jobs and move across country for a new restaurant?"
"What if it fails shortly after it opens?"
They were valid questions. But I didn’t doubt our decision at all. It just felt right.
And here we are over a year later and incredibly happy with our decision.
I <3 Math.
My first love.
I remember in Jr. high my friend and I had a shared notebook where we would write letters to each other and pass it back in forth in between classes. Then who ever took it home that night would add a picture to the cover. The first picture I put on was a dreamy photo of Jared Leto.
I’m looking at you DCist.